Glasgow stays are very much about appreciating the glorious landscapes, stunning architecture and the quaint West End, full of restaurants and beautiful gardens.
That being said, heading north in Scotland with the brood will definitely add an element of fun to your stay in the city and it needn’t be expensive. Book hotels in Glasgow through Travelodge for cost efficient family rooms for a child friendly break by the highlands.
1. Glasgow Space Centre – definitely the best family friendly attraction in Glasgow, the city’s Space Centre is a brilliantly educational day out for all ages. As well as the array of exhibitions, science shows and the ultimate climate change experience, clans can round with a screening at Glasgow’s only IMAX cinema.
2. Xscape – Scotland’s weather is definitely not a force to be reckoned with, but for more extreme conditions check out the skiing slopes at Xscape. Master your skills and hit the slopes with tuition for all ages and proficiency from young beginners to those who have almost mastered the action. Other points of interest include an Odeon cinema, bowling, and laser games.
3. GoMA CREATE Space – explore the art galleries and create some masterpieces of your own at Glasgow’s new Gallery of Modern Art (GoMA). Regular workshops are scheduled for children; check the website near to your visit to see what’s on.
4. Kelvingrove Art Gallery – introduce the little ones to the cultural side to city adventures at Kelvingrove Art Gallery. Although the extensive collections of works within the gallery include pieces from various periods of time, the attraction has been created with children in mind. Interactive activities are included throughout the gallery to keep little artistic minds alert and interested.
5. Kelvingrove Park – a historic park in the heart of the West End, Kelvingrove Park is a perfect scenic spot for relaxing afternoons and picnics. 6. The Creation Station – for just £5 per first child and £2.50 for every other sibling, The Creation Station is a fantastic artistic afternoon out for all the family. Family Holiday Classes are suitable for children aged up to 11 years and are all about getting messy and sticky as your children let out their creative side.
7. Tollcross Children’s Farm – a down to earth, chilled day out for all. Meet the usual farmyard animals and inspect the smaller critters of the insect room. There is also the opportunity to see the story of The Cock Robin in 3D.
8. The Big Adventure – while mums and dads chill out with a cup of coffee and a holiday read, youngsters can run wild at The Big Adventure. Prices start at just £3.75 for hours of active fun on swirly slides, big drops, ball pits, climbing frames and more.
9. Laser Station – let the laser battle commence. Kit out all members of the family and get ready for some competitive family fun at Laser Station Glasgow.
10. Unit 23 Skatepark – have you got a budding skater in the family? Unit 23 Skatepark is the largest indoor skate park of its kind in the United Kingdom. With dirt jumps, a foam pit and the infamous devil bowl, tweens and teens will be in their element.