If you are considering a relaxing staycation in the UK, then Suffolk is the perfect destination to explore. There are plenty of camping sites and Suffolk holiday cottages to ensure that you have the most relaxing break.
Family friendly places to visit in Suffolk
If you are visiting Suffolk with your family, you’ll be spoiled for choice when it comes to activities and experiences. Here are some of the best family friendly days out:
- Suffolk owl sanctuary – located in Stonham Aspall, this owl sanctuary is the perfect place to spend a few hours. Children and adults of all ages will enjoy learning more about these beautiful birds. There may even be the chance to get up close and personal with them. Perfect for the family photo album!
- Crown pools – located in Ipswich. If you are looking to burn off some energy then Crown pools have a vast array of fun water toys, and a large enough space for swimming during busy times of the year. This fully enclosed indoor pool is suitable for various age ranges and is perfect for rainy days.
- Anglia indoor cart racing – located in Ipswich, indoor cart racing is perfect for mini adrenaline junkies who love adventurous activities. Perfect for families with teens and those who don’t shy away from a little bit of competitive fun!
- Chantry park – this beautiful house is surrounded by luscious green gardens and plenty of outdoor space for families of all sizes. This would be the ideal place for a dog walk and some fresh air.
- Stoneham barns crazy golf – located in Aspall, this crazy golf course will encourage the kids to have fun in the great outdoors. This exciting course has something for everyone. Even mum and dad won’t want to leave!
- Museum of East Anglian Life – located in Stowmarket, the museum of East Anglian life offers visitors the chance to step back in time. Experience the magic of days gone by whilst taking in woodlands and riversides nearby. You can even see their powerful steam engines and meet some of the friendly animals while you are there.
Where to eat and drink in Suffolk
There are many exciting food and drink options in Suffolk. You’ll be spoiled for choice no matter whether you are looking for a pub lunch, a romantic restaurant, or a quick bite en route to your next destination. Maison Bleue is ranked one of the best places to eat in Suffolk and can be found in Bury St Edmunds.
Indulge in a delicious afternoon tea at Milsoms Kesgrave Hall or visit the Suffolk food hall for a taste of many different options including oysters, baked goods and tasty bites.
What type of accommodation is best to choose?
There are plenty of accommodation choices in Suffolk. Try to decide what type of holiday you are looking to have and base your accommodation around this. Camping is great for those who love being close to nature. Or why not try booking a holiday cottage for a more relaxing and homely stay?
Is Suffolk worth visiting?
In conclusion, a visit to Suffolk is definitely worth your time. The area is full of historical sites, charming villages, and beautiful countryside. There are also plenty of activities and attractions to keep you busy, from exploring the coast to visiting stately homes and theme parks. So why not add Suffolk to your list of travel destinations?