The United States of America is one of the most visited countries in the world. Millions of tourists from all over the world visit this country to enjoy its natural and man-made landscape. Florida state located in California is ranked very high in the tourist list. There is plenty to do in Miami and one among them is stated to be Fort Lauderdale. It claims to be among the world’s busiest cruise terminals. It also hosts the world’s biggest yacht shows. It is blessed with beautiful beaches and warm weather throughout the year. It has become a family-friendly destination. Fort Lauderdale yacht charter is one of the most availed entertainments here.
Reasons to visit Fort Lauderdale
- Everglades for Alligator spotting: This place comprises of pine flatwood, marshes and coastal mangroves. It takes just 20 minutes to reach by car from downtown and is home to numerous animal species. A few wildlife that is found in abundance here are the West Indian manatee, Florida panther and leatherback turtle (endangered species). You should visit Sawgrass Recreation to enjoy airboat adventures. You can get to know about this amazing ecosystem as well as get a glimpse of the natural wildlife here.
- Driving: Fort Lauderdale is a favorite place among water enthusiasts. Greater part of this place is referred to as Florida’s ‘Wreck Capitol’. Within an area of 23 miles, there are more than 50 shipwrecks to be found. Thus it’s a wonderful spot for driving. The natural reef system here is spread over 69 miles drawing plenty of sea life. Also are offered spots and options for water-based activities like fishing, boating, jet skiing and parasailing.
- Million dollar yachts & homes: From Tarpon Bend, stretches the popular Millionaire’s Row until Intracoastal Waterway. Looking around, you get to see homes of billionaires, CEOs and celebrities, all lining the long river banks. Booking Fort Lauderdale yacht charter or river cruise allows you to check out these homes including their mega yachts. The cruise also includes All-You-Can-Eat dinner and full entertainment.
- Classy, Chick hotels: There are several stunning hotels in Fort Lauderdale that offers amazing Intercoastal and beach views. A few options here are Sonesta, B Ocean, Hyatt Regency, Hilton, etc. These hotels are created to offer cozy accommodations, exceptional dining and stellar views.
- Shopping: Whether you prefer Ralph Lauren loafers and Lacoste Polos or Gucci and Prada, Sawgrass Mills does have something or the other for everyone. This humongous outlet mall claims to have 305+ shops, cafes and restaurants with highly competitive rates. But then, you need to cover a huge retail space area of over 2,383,906 sq. ft., thus making it a shopper’s paradise.
- Las Olas District: This Boulevard is considered to be a bustling with expensive cars, restaurants, shops and a fabulous place to watch people. It has that ‘Beverly Hills’ feel and look with its beautifully lined up million dollar homes and palm trees. Fort Lauderdale is also referred to as ‘Venice of America’. This is due to its intricate, expansive canal system. You are sure to come across swanky yachts that are anchored just outside the million dollar homes.