Heaven Himalaya is a leading Everest Base Camp trekking and tour provider in Nepal. Other than that, it also offers wide range of activities such as hiking, wildlife tours, photography tours etc.
The Everest Base Camp Trek doesn’t need any introduction. It’s the best mountain trek in the Himalayas. And the recent popularity among adventurers shows it.
The Everest Base Camp Trek, also known as the EBC Trek, is the most popular hiking adventure in Nepal. It is a 14-day trip to the base camp of Mt. Everest, the highest mountain in the world. Trekking to Everest Base Camp gives you the rare experience of walking alongside majestic mountains, serene hills, and perennial rivers.
Likewise, it allows you to witness and engage in Sherpa culture and traditions. The Lukla flight itself is a bundle of thrills, taking you between the mountains and into the clouds. Overall, it’s an adventure, some journey of self-discovery to the tall mountains in the Himalayas.
Since it is a high-altitude journey, the EBC hike also invites challenges along with the exciting rewards it offers. So, here we will discuss some challenges and tips for traveling to Everest Base Camp.
EBC Trek Tips
- Trekking alone invites more challenges and safety risks. Thus, avoid traveling solo for EBC. Always trek with a local mountain guide.
- Carry a first aid box and your medicine for allegories and other diseases and injuries.
- You walk above 4000 m, so it’s good to keep your body hydrated all the time. Here, you can carry your water bottles and fill them from the refill stations or buy new bottled water. Also, don’t forget to carry water purifying tablets with you while trekking to Everest Base Camp.
- Don’t rush. Walk to the rhythm of the trekking guide provided to you.
- If you develop any symptoms of altitude sickness, immediately report them to your guide.
- Most of the accommodations along the Everest trekking trails will cost you a dollar bill for using hot showers, getting hot water, using Wi-Fi, or other similar services. The Everest Base Camp Trek packages you choose won’t cover these extra bills. Henceforth, carry dollar cash or local currency with you.
- In the peak seasons, such as March-May and September-November, the viewpoints are crowded. So, choose a different timetable than the usual ones while visiting these places.
- Before hitting the trails, make sure you have packed every necessary item. These include face masks, tissues, alcohol-based sanitizers, thermometers, disinfected wipes, etc. Keep these items in the bag you hold, not in the one that your porter carries.
- Don’t buy food items from crowded places.
- Clean your hands often and thoroughly. Use soap and rinse it well for at least 20 seconds.
- Do not remove acclimatization days from the itinerary when making it shorter. Walking continuously in a rush will also hamper your health. Thus, a two-week itinerary is fine.
- If you use a CPAP machine to sleep, then inform the travel agent before booking the trip. Similarly, if you are using any medicines, keep the guides informed about them.
- If you have serious symptoms of COVID or altitude sickness, don’t push yourself further.
Best time to trek to Everest Base Camp?
The best months to visit Everest Base Camp Trek are March to May (Spring Season) and September to November (Fall Season).
EBC Trek in the Autumn,
Autumn is the cherry-picked season for Everest Base Camp trekking in Nepal. The potent reason for it is that it lies in between the monsoon and winter. Nature gives us spectacular views of snow-clad mountains, mild weather, cooler nights, and warmer days. The festivals and events celebrated in autumn complement the favorable time frame of nature.
October and November offer you a lot more compared to the other months. October and November are the best times to visit Nepal for trekking. The climate and weather are faultless for trekking and other outdoor activities in Nepal. Porters are also readily available in this case. A major setback in the Himalayan region can be a sudden weather change that disrupts the flight schedule.
Thanks to the jovial fall, temperatures range from 17 to 27 degrees Celsius from mid-September to mid-October. Till then, the farmers get spare time after completing the work of harvesting.
Therefore, this is the best period to prepare for trekking and indulge in the rural motivation and charm of life through these festivals. The magnificent weather trails and stunning lushness of the hills reflect the mood of Nepali festivity, including other cultural activities, during October. So, if you are planning on the EBC Trek, autumn is a perfect time.
Everest Base Camp Trek in the Spring
Spring in Nepal brings the most temperate seasons, succeeding in winter and preceding summer. The pleasant weather of spring from March to May creates pleasant green landscapes for Everest expeditions.
The pleasant temperature ranges from 6 to 23 degrees Celsius. For beginners, spring can be an ideal season because of all the pleasant temperatures. Precipitation is also mild, ranging from 20 to 55 mm, resulting in Everest trekking routes being unaffected.
In the end,
If you think of doing Everest base camp trek, contact either Heaven Himalaya for an affordable trekking package(ranges from $799-$2999) to the Everest base camp, which includes all the necessary expenses permit, trekking guide, accommodation, food, etc.