Going on a vacation is always something to celebrate. You want to make pleasant memories that will last for a lifetime. Unfortunately, this does not happen if you do not plan everything before you leave. There are many different things you have to do when you leave on a vacation, besides choosing accommodations and building an itinerary.
The good news is that it is not that hard to make a list of everything that you have to do before you leave on your vacation. Here are the most important things that you have to always remember.
A Few Days Before You Leave
- Stop mail delivery or talk to someone that is going to collect everything for you.
- Arrange the kennel stay or the pet sitter if you have a pet.
- Pay all the due utility bills.
- Check all the plumbing in your home for leaks. If you notice a leak, contact trusted plumbers in Cranbourne.
- Get reading material for the road.
- Make sure you have all the medication you need or get a refill.
- Talk with trusted family and friends about the travel itinerary.
- Arrange transportation to the airport.
The Day Before You Leave
- Donate or throw away the perishable food from the pantry or the fridge.
- Let the alarm company know that you will not be at home.
- Do all your laundry.
- Print off all driving directions in the event that you drive. This is always important, even if you will have your smartphone with you. You never know when you run out of internet.
- Check the flight times and check the boarding passes. Print them if needed.
- Write down the destination addresses and check destination weather.
- Confirm all travel reservations like rented cars and hotel stays.
- Download music, apps and what you need to keep children busy.
- Set up your away message for the email.
- Charge all your electronics and spare batteries.
- Make sure you have single dollar bills.
- Call the bank so it is aware you will be traveling.
- Pack all you need to pack and double check you did not forget anything.
The Day When You Leave
Obviously, if you have an early flight, you need to do some of these one day before but generally, this is what should be done during the morning of the departure:
- Check all windows and doors as they need to be locked and shut.
- Remove food scraps from the garbage disposal.
- Turn on lights timers and turn off the rest of the lights.
- Remove the trash bag and take it to the can.
- Unplug the electronics that will not be needed.
- Water your house plants.
- Change the temperature of the thermostat for the away temperature.
- Close all curtains and blinds.
- Double check you packed all itinerary details and IDs in your carry-on bags.
Obviously, there will be other things that you will have to do. However, the checklist above is normally more than enough for most people going on a vacation. Do go through it and do not forget anything.