Melbourne, capital of Victoria State, is one of Australia’s liveliest cities. You’ll find an excellent mix of cultures, along with great touches of modernity plus the colonial ambient of Victorian buildings. Melbourne is a paradise for both the in-depth traveler and the casual tourist – you can spend years enjoying Melbourne or spend a few days catching up on recommended sights. It’s as you like it.
- Melbourne Aquarium: If you’re making the Yarra River Valley wine-tasting pilgrimage, don’t miss the Melbourne Aquarium, located on the Yarra River’s picturesque banks.
- Luna Park: For kids, the Luna Park offers unbeatable excitements, ranging from super thrill rides to exciting wildlife journeys.
- Melbourne Zoo: With more than 350 indigenous and international animal species, the Melbourne Zoo is a must-visit for kids and adults alike.
- St Kilda Sea Baths: Visit the top St Kilda restaurants, gymnasium, bars, day spas that have won awards, lovely cafés, and seawater pools on St Kilda, Melbourne’s most famous beach.
- St Paul’s Cathedral: This towering structure with its stained glass windows is a wonderful example of Melbourne’s colonial architecture.
- State Library of Victoria: Explore this grand library which is spread over 22 buildings, built on a 2-hectare long plot of land. Some truly rare and precious works are stored here.
- Eureka Skydeck 88: Be sure to explore Melbourne’s tallest observation deck, if you want 360-degree views of Melbourne from a suspended glass cube.
- Galactic Circus: Be sure to take your kids to Australia’s largest interactive indoor theme park.
- Other Attractions: Don’s miss the Royal Botanic Gardens, Sovereign Hill at Ballarat, colonial Swanston Street, Federation Square quay, and its shopping centers and eateries.
Not-To-Miss Activities In Melbourne
Yarra Valley Wine Tasting Tour
Be sure to visit Yarra Valley’s best-known wineries, such as Rochford Winery, Yering Station, Domaine Chandon, and Yering Farm. Yarra Valley produces some of Australia’s great wines, cheeses, fruit preserves, and other products. That said, it is also one of the most beautiful wine regions in Australia. Take a private wine tour that includes wine tasting, a scenic drive through Yarra Valley, and tutored wine tastings.
Dine On The Colonial Tramcar Restaurant
One of Melbourne’s star attractions, this restaurant offers you a great tram car sightseeing tour of Melbourne along with the best culinary experience of your life. The colonial tram is a joy to ride in, and a romantic gourmet dinner with your wine waiter, silver service waiters and maitre d’ is just the ticket!
Go On A Gourmet Dinner Yarra River Cruise
It’s a three-hour dinner cruise, which takes you around Melbourne’s sights while you enjoy a fabulous 6-course gourmet meal. You get to enjoy prime cuisines, both global and local, including beverages, accompanied by professional service.
Take A Day Trip To Philip Island
Experience Australia’s famous wildlife up close; make a day of it to see koalas, wallabies, kangaroos, seals, and little penguins among others. Visit the Koala Conservation Center and the Warrook Cattle Farm and watch the famous Penguin Parade.
Top Beaches Of Melbourne
There’s no point to visit Melbourne if you don’t enjoy its fabulous beaches! Here are the top, must-visit beaches:
St. Kilda’s beach offers the ultimate in pounding blue surf and white sands along with amazing bars, hotels, restaurants, and cafes for entertainment. For kids, there’s Luna Park, and for adults, there’s all the shopping to be had on the St. Kilda Esplanade.
If you’re looking for water sports, head to Altona beach. There’s boating, yachting, fishing, and surfing to be had here. Plus, there’s a great to-do-for ice-cream parlor on this beach, a dead hit with the kids. There are markets for shopping and a live entertainment park as well.
You can camp right on this beach, which makes it great for campervanners and hikers. There are multiple ramps here for boating as well. You can enjoy all the water sports and barbecuing you want to, here.
Getting around in Melbourne is easy. There’s a tram service, along with a local bus and local train service as well. You can also get to various attractions via boat.